Health, Fitness, Beauty & Diet | Sexual Health, Pregnancy & Parenting | Diseases

Complete health guide which includes fitness, beauty, diet, yoga, weight training, sexual health, pregnancy, parenting, diseases & home remedies. Get weight loss tips, food & healthy recipes.

Monday 11 September 2017

This is what I tried when I have leg sprain and the results were outstanding

This is what I tried when I have leg sprain and the results were outstanding!

Let me just state for the record that I am not a person who believes in natural remedies. Nor am I  someone who will recommend natural remedies to anyone. But when you do not have access to medicines at home late at night or when it is Sunday and going to a doctor is ruled out, there’s nothing you can do except try these quick fixes at home. And time and again, I have come across few simple tips and home remedies that work (sometimes better than medicines) like a charm. And one such quick, simple and effective natural remedy that works wonders for muscle sprain is hot water and salt. Here are few more home remedies for sprain and muscle crampsyou can try!
It was around a month or two back that I was coming to office and accidentally slipped on the road spraining my leg. Although it was painful initially, I ignored it as I could walk. However, the pain was aggravating and by evening it started to worsen. So when I reached home, I knew that if I ignored the sprain, I would have had a painful night with no sleep. Also, I didn’t want to go to a doctor for something this mild. I was left with no other option but try this simple tip to treat muscle sprain. So I promptly soaked my feet in hot water and salt. Also read about RICE: Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation for injuries.
How to do it?
All you need is a litre of hot water and a tablespoon of salt. It is better to use rock salt instead of table salt if you have it. Soak your feet in a shallow bucket filled with this salt water for 10 – 20 minutes. If it is still painful, then do it before going to bed as it improves the blood circulation. You can see an improvement in your condition after doing it for the first time. However, if the pain still persists, it is wise to consult a doctor than take a painkiller. Read to know for how long should you treat a sprain at home, and when should you consult a doctor?
Image Source: Shutterstock

No comments:

Post a Comment